Massage is the application of pressure on the body in order to relieve muscle tension. This form of therapy has existed in a variety of cultures throughout history. Massage therapy relieves the body from muscular pain and stiffness as a result of routine physical activity.
Massage therapy has numerous benefits associated with it. These include:
- Pain Relief
- Relief from stress, anxiety and mental fatigue
- Improved relaxation
- Improved blood circulation
- Promotion of healing in the body
- Reduction in muscle cramping
- Increased flexibility and range of movement
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system which is responsible for the removal of waste material from the tissue
- Reduction of scar tissue after surgery
- Improvement in overall health and well being
How Can Our Massage Therapists Help?
The massage therapists at Bristol Rehab & Medical Clinic are certified by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario. They also continue their education to stay up to date with recent developments in clinically proven massage therapy techniques. At Bristol Rehab, our team of massage therapists works together to provide comprehensive rehabilitation therapy massage services.
Our registered massage therapists (RMTs) are experts in handling various conditions, including, but not limited to:
- Headaches and migraines
- Neck, shoulder and back pain
- Whiplash/head injuries
- Sports related injuries
- Muscle spasms, strains and sprains
- Post-operative conditions
- Degenerative disc disease